A recent study from MineStudy.com found out that 81% of online consumers research about products before making a purchase. Online retailers have realized that blogs are a great way to inform and educate customers about products. But what if your customers had stumbled upon your site? Would it be great if there was a blog or an informative piece about the product that your customer was searching for?
To solve this problem and to get maximum out of blogging we have integrated product search result and related blog result into auto search result. So whenever your client search for a product in your online store along with regular products, blogs related to their search keyword will also be displayed in auto suggestion. By this way you can educate your clients and make them purchase your products with lot more conviction.
- Integrates wordpress search results with Magento product results.
- Wordpress can be a separate folder or within Magento subfolder.
- Both Magento and Wordpress can share a same database or separate.
- Search autosuggestion will have both Magento Products and Wordpress Page/Posts.
- Search results show both Magento Products and Wordpress Page/Posts.
- We can disable Wordpress results from Search and display only Magento product suggestions and results.
- Images and Descriptions/Content of Product/Posts can also be displayed in autosuggestion.
- We can disable auto suggestion.
1. Create a file in your wordpress current theme folder ( for eg: wp-content/themes/twentythirteen/searchpage.php)
To know your current wordpress theme, go to Appearance -> Themes in wordpress admin panel.
2. Include the following lines in your searchpage.php file
3. Create a new page in wordpress admin panel ( Pages >Add New ) and assign newly created template from Template Dropdown (eg: Search Page) .
To enable the extension, go to Stores > Configuration and from left side menu navigate to DCKAP > Wpsearch Settings > General.
- Select Module Enable Field to Yes for enabling the Module.
- Select Autosuggestion Enable field to Yes for enabling auto suggestion.
- Specify Minimum Search Characters for loading search suggestions only when minimum number of characters entered. Default limit is 3.
- Specify Autosuggestion Limit field, for no. of suggestions to be listed when searching for products and posts. Default limit is 5.
Product Suggestion Configuration:
- In the Display Options field you can select the product field that you want to show in the search suggestion box. By default product name will be displayed.
- In the Description Limit field, specify the maximum no of product description characters to be displayed in the suggestion box.
Wordpress Post Result Configuration:
- In the Wordpress Enable field, select Yes to enable the wordpress results to be displayed in suggestion and result page. If you don’t want wordpress results to be displayed , then select no, this will display only product results.
- In the Searchpage URL field, give the search page URL which you have created in your wordpress site.
- In the Content Limit field, specify the maximum no of post content characters to be displayed in the search result page.
- In the Wordpress Pagination Field, specify the page limits(Posts per page) separated by comma(,).
Wordpress Post Suggestion Configuration:
- In Enable Content Display, select yes to display the posts content(if exists) in the suggestion box.
- In Enable Image Display, select yes to display the posts image(if exists) in the suggestion box.
- In the Content Limit field, specify the maximum no of post content characters to be displayed in the suggestion box.
Search Auto Suggestion:
Displays the suggestion results after entering 3 characters by default. you can change the characters limit in Minimum Search Characters in DCKAP > Wpsearch Settings > General.
Shows product and post results in separately. Default limit is 5. Limit can be changed in Autosuggestion Limit in DCKAP > Wpsearch Settings > General.
Search Results Page:
Both Magento Product and Wordpress Results are shown in Search result page in two tabs.
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Wordpress Integrated Search for Magento2 Initial Stable Version