In B2B or B2C ecommerce involving bulk purchases, the customer prefers to check for sample before placing a bulk order. Advanced Sample Orders allows customers to order samples prior to purchase. Here, the sample is processed as same as the normal product. Advanced Sample Order also provides analytical information which will be helpful in running the business.
- Administrator can restrict ordering samples to specific products / customer groups.
- Allows us to configure the prices for a sample both in product level & general level.
- Different prices can be given to samples in fixed price or percentage of regular price. For e.g., 200% of original price. Fixed prices will not be applicable to configurable, grouped & downloadable product since the prices are dynamic as per user selections.
- Allows us to process both samples and normal products in a single order.
- Allows us to provide free samples also.
- It is easy to identify the sample products in any order both in frontend and back-end.
- Available for Single, Configurable, Grouped and Bundle Products.
Login to Magento backend and navigate to Sales -> Advanced Sample Orders -> Configuration and configure the module.
- Select Enabled to Yes for enabling the module.
- Select Allow/Restrict sample order option by product-wise to Yes for restricting the samples by product-wise.
- Select Allow only logged-in customers to order samples to Yes for restricting guest users to order samples.
- If above one is selected to Yes, Select the customer groups to restrict sample option only to specific groups.
- Select Price Type to Fixed (for fixes price) or Percent (for percentage of regular price).
- Provide a numerical value (fixed price or percentage depends on above option) to Amount field.
Sales Analytics Configuration:
- Select Order Item Status to indicate the order item is completed. It is used for tracking order conversion. For e.g., Assume Invoiced is selected and if a new order get placed, our algorithm tracks the last ordered sample with status Invoiced.
- Provide a numerical value for Days field.
Sample Product Information:
If Allow/Restrict sample order option by product-wise to Yes in general configuration, this information will be considered.
Select Apply Product Price to any of below options
- Use config - general price configurations will be considered irrespective of this product specific configuration.
- Use actual price - original price of the product is considered.
- Use below price - below price configurations will be considered irrespective of these general configurations.
Once all the configurations are done, Order Sample option will be available in front-end.
Product Detail Page:
This is how product detail page will look alike once the Advanced Sample Order module is enabled. Quantity will be automatically set to 1 when customer/guest try to add sample (even they set quantity more).
Advanced Sample Order module does not allow customer/guest to add more than one sample of same product.
Sample Products are highlighted with keyword (SAMPLE) to differentiate from normal products. Customer/Guest cannot able to edit the sample.
Also the quantity is fixed to 1. Customer/Guest not allowed to change the quantity of sample.
Customer Account - Recent Orders & My Orders:
Allows customer to easily identify any order has sample products or not in Dashboard and My Orders pages itself.
Customer Account - Order Detail Page:
As similar to shopping cart, a customer can easily differentiate sample products and normal products in order/invoice/shipment/credit-memo detail pages.
Store Owners can segment orders based on order which has sample products and has not. So it will be easy for store owners to manage the orders.
Backend Order Detail Page:
In Order page, Store Owner can find a new section containing historical information of the customer and related to the order which has sample products. It will be helpful in decision making on processing the sample product.
- It contains the statuses of all the samples ordered previously be the customer/guest.
- Also it contains the previous sample products status information related to the ordered sample products.
Store Owners can easily differentiate the normal products and sample products in the order.
Sales Analytics - Dashboard:
Advanced Sample Orders module provides detailed analysis on samples. It is useful for keep tracking of business. It is more useful for store owners to identify following things.
- Conversion Rates(All, Customers & Guests)
- Total number of samples ordered & samples converted & samples completed.
- Segmenting all samples by statuses.
- Segmenting Customer Samples and Guest Samples.
- and more...
Also it provides last 12 months graphical representational data of samples based on ordered, completed & converted samples.
Store Owners can able to watch how many samples are ordered and how much are converted. It will be helpful in running the business.
- Product specific configurations will be considered only if the Allow/Restrict sample order option by product-wise is selected to Yes in general price configurations.
- Fixed prices will not be applicable to configurable, grouped & downloadable product since the prices are dynamic as per user selections. However, percentage of final price of respective product will be applicable.
- If the product type of general price configuration is selected to Fixed, it will be ignored and by default, percent will be considered for configurable, grouped and bundle products.
- For complex product types (such as configurable, grouped & bundle) and if product specific price configuration is enabled, then the parent product specific configurations will be considered irrespective of its child products.
- Error message will be displayed, when user tries to add samples of same product more than once into shopping cart. This helps in preventing users to add same product samples multiple times.
- Error message will be displayed, when user tries to add a sample only if the shopping cart already contains the same normal product with same options.
- Error message will be displayed, when user tries to add a normal product only if the shopping cart already contains the same sample product with same options.
- Stability: Bug Fixes and Enchancement
+ New feature have been included to limit the sample per Customers along with limiting the samples per product.