In B2B or B2C eCommerce involving bulk purchases, the customer prefers to check for sample before placing a bulk order. Advanced Sample Orders allows customers to order samples prior to purchase. Here, the sample is processed as same as the normal product.
- Administrator can restrict ordering samples to specific products / customer groups.
- Allows us to configure the prices for a sample both in product level & general level.
- Different prices can be given to samples in fixed price or percentage of regular price. For eg, 200% of original price. Fixed prices will not be applicable to configurable, grouped & downloadable product since the prices are dynamic as per user selections.
- Allows us to process both samples and normal products in a single order.
- Allows us to provide free samples also.
- Order sample option is also available on Product Listing Page.
- It is easy to identify the sample products in any order both in frontend and back-end.
- Available for Single, Configurable, Grouped and Bundle Products.
Navigate to System > Configuration and then DCKAP > Advanced Sample Orders in left side menu.
- Select Enabled to Yes for enabling the module.
- Select Allow only logged-in customers to order samples to Yes for restricting guest users to order samples.
- If above one is selected to Yes, Select the customer groups to restrict sample option only to specific groups.
- Select Allow/Restrict sample order option by product-wise to Yes for restricting the samples by product-wise.
- Select Price Type to Fixed (for fixes price) or Percent (for percentage of regular price).
- Provide a numerical value (fixed price or percentage depends on above option) to Amount field.
Product Sample Information
If Allow/Restrict sample order option by product-wise to Yes in general configuration, this information will be considered.
Select Apply Product Priceto any of below options
- Use config- general price configurations will be considered irrespective of this product specific configuration.
- Use actual price- original price of the product is considered.
- Use below price - below price configurations will be considered irrespective of this general configurations.
Once all the configurations are done, Order Sample option will be available in front-end.
Sales Analytics - Configuration
- Select Order Item Status to indicate the order item is completed. It is used for tracking order conversion. For eg, Assume Invoiced is selected and if a new order get placed, our algorithm tracks the last ordered sample with status Invoiced.
- Provide a numerical value for Days field.
Advanced Sample Orders module provides detailed analysis on samples. It is useful for keep tracking of business. It is more useful for store owners to know following things.
- Conversion Rates
- Total number of samples ordered.
- Total number of samples converted.
- Total number of samples completed.
- Segmenting all samples by statuses.
- Segmenting Customer Samples and Guest Samples.
- and more...
Navigate to Sales > Advanced Sample Orders and then Sales Analytics in top menu.
Product Listing Page
To display Order sample link for products in listing page, follow below steps.
- Step 1: Navigate to
/app/design/frontend/your package/your theme/template/catalog/product/list.phtml
- Step 2: Find
ultag with class name
add-to-links. You can find this in two places(one for grid & other for list view)
- Step 3: Copy & Paste the below code before first
liof those classes.
If the above code is properly added, it will be displayed like following image
Product Detail Page
- Product specific configurations will be considered only if the Allow/Restrict sample order option by product-wise is selected to Yes in general price configurations.
- Fixed prices will not be applicable to configurable, grouped & downloadable product since the prices are dynamic as per user selections. However, percentage of final price of respective product will be applicable.
- If the product type of general price configuration is selected to Fixed, it will be ignored and by default, percent will be considered for configurable, grouped and bundle products.
- For complex product types(such as configurable, grouped & bundle) and if product specific price configuration is enabled, then the parent product specific configurations will be considered irrespective of its child products.
- Error message will be displayed, when user tries to add samples of same product more than once into shopping cart. This helps in preventing users to add same product samples multiple times.
- Error message will be displayed, when user tries to add a sample only if the shopping cart already contains the same normal product with same options.
- Error message will be displayed, when user tries to add a normal product only if the shopping cart already contains the same sample product with same options.
- Stability: Stable Build
+ Bug Fixes